Aventyr Bestiary is AdventureAWeek.com’s newest addition to their growing and impressive library of books for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and believe me when I say this tome is not only gorgeous, it is packed with fun game material. AAW Games Inc has collected some of the best names in the gaming industry as well as the most talented developers of their own products to work on this book. As an avid game master, I love the way the book inspired me with story and encounter ideas, and I can’t wait to work work the material in this book into my next Pathfinder session. If you are a game master who runs Pathfinder, or even if you are a gamer who loves enjoying great game art, go buy this book!
Now, let me tantalize you with the blurb from the back of the book.
Over 140 new monsters and templates for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!
This tome of beautifully illustrated monsters is drawn from scores of Adventureaweek.com adventures and our ENnie Award winning blog. We’ve recruited some of the industry’s top developers to craft new adversaries and carefully handpicked some of the finest beasts from our archives to create this gorgeous, full-color book which will enhance your gaming collection and provide PCs with an array of exciting new encounters for years to come.
Here’s a small taste of what the Aventyr Bestiary includes:
- Cover art and new creature by Raven Mimura – The artist who perfected the fearsome eye tyrant for the world’s most popular roleplaying game returns to grace this tome with a gorgeous cover and an entirely new creature developed by Raven in collaboration with Adam Daigle from Paizo.
- A star-studded group of developers including Wolfgang Baur, Brian Berg, Adam Daigle, Joshua Gullion, Jason Nelson, Jonathan G. Nelson, Will Myers, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Stephen Yeardley.
- Book Golem and Liberum Golem – If you prefer your golems well-read, these constructs are up your alley–just mind the paper cuts.
- Chicken Coop – Swallow PCs whole with this madman’s dream of a chicken mixed with a house.
- Cold Mutated Ogre Spider, Earthen Spider, Sloth Spider – At AAW Games we firmly believe there can never be enough spiders.
- Exsanguinator the Daemon – Make adventurers really feel the hurt and introduce them to the master of blood.
- Eye Eater – Give maiming PCs a try and don’t hesitate to rip out an eye or two–it can give them an entirely new perspective on the game!
- Mosaic Tile Golem, Mushroom Golem, Pumpkin Golem, Totem Golem, Treasure Golem– There’s a reason Paizo is so fond of these…
- NITNAM – Remember that time the adventurers had to go inside of the giant, flesh-sac alien monster to kill it? You always will.
- Pubo, Great Pubo, Jinn Wizard, Tyngdekraften – Explosions, antimagic fields, and gravity wells–who could ask for anything more?
- Skildpadder – If dwarves don’t belong on top of giant subterranean tortoise-bullette creatures, what’s the world coming to?
- Templates: Dark Scion, Eldritch, Fleshdoll, HEL, Titanic – Because you never really can have enough templates.